- Where can I return equipment?
Routers and modems can be dropped off at the Seattle Wave office at 502 Rainier Avenue S, Suite 101. We are open 8:00AM-6:00pm Monday-Friday and 9:00AM to 5PM on Saturday.
- Do I Need a Router?
You will need a router in order to set up a wireless connection. To ensure that you get the best experience, we recommend a high-performance gigabit-enabled router, which we have available to rent. We have also tested a number of routers and come up with recommendations for routers that are best optimized for high performance. With any questions about routers or your WiFi set up please contact our support staff at 844.779.2834.
- ASUS RT-AC56U
- ASUS RT-AC66U
- ASUS RT-AC68U
- Apple Airport Extreme (5th generation or newer)
- Apple Airport Express (2nd generation or newer — not sufficient for Gigabit Service)
- Netgear R7000 Nighthawk
- TP-Link Archer C7
Router for Rent:
We also have gigabit-capable routers for rent for $10/month.
- Help! My Connection Is Slow.
Wave G strives to ensure customer satisfaction by engineering our backbone links with plenty of overhead to guarantee paramount connectivity. We take care not to over-subscribe our connections beyond acceptable margins and continually monitor backbone activity to ensure that every customer experiences advertised speeds.
Here are some tips on how to optimize your connection:
- Hard-Wiring vs. Connecting Wirelessly: For the best speeds, we recommend using a wired connection (ie. plugging directly into your device). Even with the latest wireless networking standards, customers are often unable to get full speeds wirelessly.
- Local Network Saturation: Other computers within your network can eat up a large a portion of your network throughput. Sharing a connection through a router could cause some slow downs in speeds. For example, if one computer on your network is saturating your connection, you may experience a slowdown.
- Out-Dated Equipment: Our ultra-high speed service is encroaching speed levels where older computers cannot take full advantage of our service. Upgrades to your computer may be needed in order to receive full connectivity.
- Web Server Congestion: Occasionally, often at peak usage times, some websites may respond very slowly to your queries. When this happens, it’s often because the servers hosting this site have been saturated and are working to compensate. Your Wave G connection is working just fine.
If you’re experiencing slower than advertised speeds, please give support a call at 844.779.2834 and we’ll be happy to assist.
- What are my Connection Settings?
Typically all customer connections are set up for Automatic or DHCP settings. Some connections however, are set up using a statically assigned IP address. If you need your connection settings or your IP address information please refer to your customer documentation or contact our support department.
- Can I still get TV in my unit?
Our service comes in on the existing data cables coming into your unit, typically CAT3 or CAT5 cabling. For our Ethernet-based buildings we will switch a jack out to an RJ-45 wall plate, and for our VDSL buildings this remains an RJ-11 plate. Our infrastructure does not use coaxial cable or hinder any use of available coax jacks in your unit. You can sign up for TV service through the provider of your choice.